Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chicken & Dumplings

Anyone who reads this blog often knows how much I like to use my slow cooker for meals. It's great to come home from work and smell a wonderful concoction ready to eat. Now, with summer coming upon us, I like to use the slow cooker to keep the temperature cool in the kitchen. There's nothing worse than heating up the oven, which in turn, heats up the kitchen. Today, I want to share my recipe for Chicken & Dumplings for the slow cooker. 

 

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS

4 chicken breasts, thawed and cubed
2 T. butter
1 - 15 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 - 15 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 onion, medium, chopped
3/4 large can chicken broth
2 tubes biscuits

Mix all ingredients, except the biscuits, in slow cooker and cook on Low 10 hours or High 5-6 hours.


Before adding biscuits, put slow cooker on High until boiling at the edges. Cut biscuits into quarters and add to slow cooker, stirring often. Cook on High for another 45 minutes to an hour.

 

 

3 comments:

Marian Allen said...

Mmmmm.... Chicken & Dumplin's--my favorite comfort food! Thanks for the slow-cooker recipe, Carol!

Molly Daniels said...

Made this Wed 6/24 and the only sound at the dinner table was food being rapidly inhaled. This WILL be added to my regular meal rotation!

Carol Preflatish said...

I'm so glad you and your family liked it. It's a big hit here too, and sooooo easy to make. Thanks.