Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pasta Salad

I will be traveling for the next two days and have an office Christmas party on Wednesday when I return. I'm taking Pasta Salad for the lunch and know I will be way too tired to get up Wednesday morning to make it by noon. To help myself out a little, I am going to boil the pasta today and freeze it. Pasta freezes very well. Once it's completely cooked, I will let it cool and then put it into a zipper freezer bag. On Wednesday morning, I will put the frozen pasta, bag and all, into a warm bowl or pot of water to thaw. After it's completely thawed, all that's left is to mix up and add the additional ingredients and dressing. The best thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you want, or leave out whatever you want. I don't have measurements for this recipe because it's one of of those where you've made it so many times, you just do it. Basically, you just add the additional ingredients to taste.


Yesterday, I made myself a cup of Hills Brothers' Instance English Toffee Cappuccino. You could smell it all through the house and it was so good. I highly recommend it. I was gone when my husband got home from work, but the aroma was still in the air. He told me later he thought I had made some fudge and was searching all over the kitchen for it. So, today I will be making my peanut butter fudge for him.

Also on my To Do List for today is using the leftover roast from yesterday to make Beef and Noodles for supper tonight and I can't miss watching the Indianapolis Colts game today. Buttered popcorn is a must for the game. Enjoy your day and I hope you have your Christmas shopping finished. The mall was a mad house yesterday.

Go Colts.
Carol

Pasta Salad

1 - 12 oz box corkscrew pasta (also known as rotini), cooked
onion
cheese
carrots
green pepper
bacon, fried and crumbled
cucumber
tomato
black olives

Dressing:
milk
sugar
Miracle Whip

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box and let cool. Chop the other ingredients into small pieces and add to the bowl of pasta. Mix well.

For the sauce, mix equal amounts of sugar and Miracle Whip. Add a little milk to make it creamy and pour onto the pasta and stir until well blended. Make sure you taste the dressing for the correct sweetness. Serve the pasta chilled.

This dressing is the same dressing I make for cole slaw.