Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn Apple Brew

Fall is one of the best times for homemade recipes. There's just so much you can do with so many things. Today, I have a recipe for one of my favorites and I think if you try it, it'll become one of your favorites, too. It's called Autumn Apple Brew. I know what you're thinking, it's just hot apple cider. Ah, but it's more than that. It's a combination of four different juices to get just the perfect flavor for this fall beverage. I can't begin to tell you how addicting this drink is. Once you try it, you will come back time after time for a refill, so make sure you have plenty on hand.

I usually make this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator in gallon milk jugs and then pour it into the slow cooker about 30 minutes before I want to serve it. That also makes it convenient if you want to take it to a party.


Autumn Apple Brew
2 quarts apple cider
12 oz. apricot nectar
2 c. cranberry juice
1 c. orange juice
1 c. sugar
cinnamon sticks

Mix all of the ingredients together heat in a slow cooker. This can be heated on top of the stove, also.
Now, if you're like my husband and you don't want to wait while I mix up and heat the Autumn Apple Brew, you can purchase instant Spiced Cider and make it in the microwave. It can be purchased in either regular or sugar-free.

Carol

No comments: