Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

We have about five or six inches of snow on the ground and this is day two of me missing work due to the snow. While cabin fever hasn't set in yet, I am really hoping the Road Dept. gets my road cleaned today so I can get to my day job tomorrow. I just hate using my vacation days because of snow.

Since it is so cold out and most of the U.S. is covered with snow, I thought that Pot Roast sounded good for supper. Even better is to fix it in your slow cooker. Mmmm, my mouth is watering already.

Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast

1 3 - 3 1/2 pound boneless chuck roast, cut into pieces
1 rib of celery, chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
2-3 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 C. beef broth
salt and pepper, to taste

Put the beef pieces and vegetables in the slow cooker and add broth. Season to taste. Cover and cook on low for about 8-9 hours. As with any slow cooker recipe, adjust the amounts according to the size of your crock. I have a large slow cooker.

Carol

No comments: