Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Chocolate Lovers Dream

Chocolate cake in 3 minutes? That could be a dangerous thing, but it's true. It's a mini chocolate cake microwaved in a coffee cup and it really works. I fixed one a few nights ago and it wasn't bad. Even though I like chocolate, it was a little too much chocolate flavor for me. I think the next time I prepare it, I will cut back on the cocoa a little. So, this recipe is for all of you chocolate lovers out there.

Carol

3 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug (microwave safe)
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons
chocolate chips (optional) mini chips would be the best
1/2 t. vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Stir in the egg and mix thoroughly. Add the milk and oil and mix well. Finally, add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I'm going to try this tomorrow, when the kids are at school! That way I don't have to share...

BTW...loved Masters and Disasters! Great stories! Now hurry up and finish What's Cooking...or whatever the title of that romance you were writing!

Carol Preflatish said...

Thanks, Molly. I'm glad you enjoyed my cookbook. I am working on that romance as my NaNo book. I started all over from last year and am moving right along.

Carol

Unknown said...

If this is as good and easy as it seems, I will be making it several times a week. I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks for the recipe.