Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgivng and Deviled Eggs


I want to take this early opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. After the holiday is over, I should get back to my regular posts. I ran into a roadblock during Novel Writing Month and didn't get as far as I hoped, but I am still at it. More on that roadblock to come later, hopefully.

Today, I am preparing Thanksgiving dinner for my husband and myself. He has to work the whole four-day Thanksgiving holiday and I have two family dinners to attend on Thursday, so we decided to celebrate the holiday today. As with every Thanksgiving, I have a full day of cooking and baking ahead of me, so I have a preparation hint for you today if you are going to make Deviled Eggs. Almost everyone has Deviled Eggs for their holiday meals.

To help make cleanup easier when making Deviled Eggs, put the cooked egg yolks in a zipper bag. Seal tight and mash the yolks until they are all broken up. Add the remainder of your ingredients to the bag and reseal. Mash some more (kids love to help do this) to mix the ingredients. When thoroughly mixed, cut the tip off of one corner of the bag and squeeze the egg mixture into the eggs white halves. If you have cake decorating tips, you can use those also to make it fancy. Once you're finished, just throw the bag away for an easy cleanup.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and don't eat too much.

Carol




1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

Wow...why didn't I think of that? Head slap...mine always come out slightly messy!