Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Frosting for the Buck

How many times have we all opened a tub of frosting from the store only to find that we run out before the cake is completely frosted? Sometimes we have to do some inventive spreading to get the whole thing covered. There's a trick to getting more frosting out of that tub. If you whip it with a mixer for a few minutes, you can double the amount of frosting. You will be able to frost more of the cake or more cupcakes with the same amount. It also helps with dieting too, because you will be eating less of the whipped frosting thus less sugar per serving.

3 comments:

Marian Allen said...

What a great idea! I'm definitely going to be using this tip, and passing it on.

Molly Daniels said...

So THAT'S the trick...if I know I'm going to get fancy and use the cake plate, I'll buy two containers and split the leftover frosting between myself and my kids!

Cheryl M. said...

Great idea. Probably makes it easier to spread as well.