Monday, March 9, 2009

Vacation & Leftover Vegetable Soup


Today is my last day of vacation before heading back to work. We didn't go anywhere this year with the economy being the way it is. The only thing I had really planned to do while off from work was shampoo my carpets. I'm usually not a procrastinator, but I was with this chore. I waited until today and started with the smallest room first. Boy, am I glad I did. This was harder than I thought and the first time these carpets have been cleaned in well..... let's just say a long time. The big room is just going to have to wait and since the shampooer was my mother's, I can borrow it any time I need it. At least once room in the house has a clean carpet now.

Sorry, no recipe today. Neither my husband or I felt like cooking supper tonight, so we opted for leftover vegetable soup that I had in the freezer. Vegetable soup freezes fairly well. The beans freeze great, noodles not so well, and potatoes don't freeze well at all, ending up kind of mushy when thawed. Once we have the soup all heated up, I think we'll fix grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.

One last word on freezing soup, it will keep for about six months in the freezer and watch for freezer burn. Once your freshly-made soup has cooled, store it in an air-tight container.

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

I've been craving brocolli-cheese soup again. Tastes better to me than chicken noodle with this blasted head cold:)