Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oriental Chicken Salad

Our weather is still hot and the heat index still in the 100's, so cooking in the kitchen is still kept to a minimum. The weatherman on tv tells me that the heat will break tomorrow when the storms come through. I sure hope so, but until then Oriental Chicken Salad is on my menu. The first time that I had this was during a trip to California to visit with my best friend. We had it at a restaurant whose name I can't remember, but it was so good. Then, a few years ago, a co-worker made it for a luncheon we had at work. It was different, yet the same and still wonderful. I don't fix this often and that way, it stays as a special salad for my family.

Enjoy,
Carol

ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD

1 lb package of shredded cabbage
2 to 4 C. cubed chicken, cooked
1/2 C. sliced almonds
3 or 4 green onions, chopped
1/2 C. sesame seeds
1 or 2 pkgs Ramen noodles, crushed

Mix all of the ingredients together, added the Ramen noodles just before serving. Pour dressing over salad; toss and serve.

DRESSING

1/2 t. pepper
1 T. sugar
1/3 C. oil
3 T. white vinegar
1/2 t. salt

Mix dressing together and pour over salad.

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Oh, YUM, Carol! I'm all about tofu, me, and I'm going to experiment with this with my special smoked tofu, which I have not made as yet. My regular source for extra-firm tofu stopped carrying it, so I have to find another brand that works. But I will try this recipe, when I get some!