Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lemon Pound Cake

I have been craving Lemon Pound Cake this week, but as you all know, it's been too hot to run my oven. I may have to make an exception for this. I have another problem though. I can't find my Bundt pan, which is what I use when I make a pound cake.


When I searched the internet for a photo to use here, I found you can use other pans for pound cakes. DUH, I feel so stupid. I should have known that.

I'm going to make another search this evening for my Bundt pan, but if I don't find it I think I will use my Angel Food Cake pan instead.


Oh, and when I make a pound cake, I use a regular cake mix, add a package of instant pudding mix, and bake according to directions on the cake mix box. My icing is a simple powdered sugar icing.

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

I LOVE pound cake! And ummm...isn't an angel food pan the same as a bundt pan?

I like the Sara Lee ones in the freezer section, so thanks for letting me know how to make my own! So yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding mix? (Not a lemon fan)