Friday, April 22, 2011

A new story for Masters & Disasters 2?

I baked fish a few days ago for supper. It wasn't until I already had it in the over when I realized we didn't have any tartar sauce. I called my mom to see if she had any I could borrow. She didn't, but suggested that I just make some. Hmmm, how do I do that? She told me to use Miracle Whip and relish. Okay, I have both of those and this would work out great for the Product Testing I'm doing with Miracle Whip. So I asked her how much of each I use. Her answer, "I don't know, I just mix some together until it tastes right."

Why not? I throw things together like that all the time. I started by mixing equal amount of each and gave it a taste. Too sweet. I then added just a pinch of salt. Too much. How about a little sugar. Better, and I thought I had better stop or it might end up worse.

The verdict? All I'm going to say is that we ate the fish without tartar sauce, which is now on my grocery list for my next shopping trip.

A NEW OFFER:
I also wanted to remind everyone of the limited offer of free shipping on my book, Masters & Disasters of Cooking and tell you of a new offer. From now until April 26, 2011, you can get 20% off of the purchase price on the print version of the book. Visit my M&D web page for the codes for both offers. These offers cannot be combined, but must be used individually.

Thanks,
Carol

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this Carol.

I grew up watching my parents mix Mayo & Relish for Tartar Sauce when we ate fish. I never ate TS though, just watced them make and eat it. Fast forward, I'm married, made fish one night and made TS when he inquired as to its whereabouts. I kept making it, he'd taste it and say no. And so it went. I've come to the conclusion that maybe my folks aren't picky about TS?

Unknown said...

I mix Mayo and sweet relish for those times when we need tartar sauce. We may not be that picky about how it tastes but then we don't really use it that often. The trick is to buy really tasty fish. We tried BASA this weekend and I highly recommend it.