Friday, June 27, 2008

What's for dinner tonight

Yes, I borrowed Rachael Ray's tag line, but I love her and it's perfect for what I am about to write. It's been a while since I've cooked dinner because my husband is home and he's been doing it, or we're both too tired to cook and end up eating a sandwich. Tonight, I cooked, and I cooked healthy.

Every time I go to the doctor, he preaches to me about eating more vegetables, so tonight I took his advice and made Roasted Veggies. I actually have two different recipes for this. One is a Weight Watchers and one is a South Beach Diet recipe. Tonight, I combined them and added a new seasoning. To go along with the Veggies, I fixed Salmon Patties. Both are so easy to make that I felt just like Rachael Ray while I prepared them tonight. I only wish I had a staff to clean the kitchen and do the dishes afterward like she does.

Enjoy,
Carol

Salmon Patties
1 can Salmon
1 sleeve saltine crackers
2 eggs

Crush crackers in a food processor and mix with salmon and eggs in a bowl. With hands, form patties and fry on medium heat with a little olive oil until golden brown. If you don't like the odor of Salmon in your home, try preparing them outside on the grill.

Roasted Veggies

1 medium zucchini
1 medium summer squash
1 red bell papper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 medium onion
1 C. baby carrots
1 C. fresh green beans
salt
pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces. In a casserole dish, put all veggies and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. My new ingredient is to sprinkle the mixture with a little Mrs. Dash original flavor. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir often. Just about any fresh veggies that you like can be used in this.




No comments: