Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blackberry Cobbler

My brother has been picking blackberries at our mom's house for many weeks and she's got a pretty good batch of berries in her freezer now. Although not my favorite cobbler, I love peach, blackberry comes in a close second. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I'm in heaven. Personally, I can't wait to make a cobbler.

Carol

Blackberry Cobbler
1 quart berries
1/2 t. salt
1 T. flour
1/2 C. corn syrup
1 C. Bisquick Baking Mix
2 T. sugar
1/2 C. milk
1 1/2 t. sugar

Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine blackberries, salt, flour and corn syrup and spread mixture into the baking dish. Mix together the Bisquick with 2 T. sugar and milk and pour over the berries. Top with 1 1/2 t. sugar. Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.


No comments: