Saturday, January 23, 2010

Football, Ham Sandwiches and Monkey Bread

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I am a huge Indianapolis Colts fan. Sunday they will be playing in the AFC Conference Championship with the winner going to the Super Bowl. I always try and plan my meals around the game and since I don't really want to do much cooking tomorrow, I am planning a very simple main dish which I have posted on here before, Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Mini Sandwiches. Take look and maybe you might want to serve them, too.

Today, I have a breakfast recipe for your sweet tooth, Monkey Bread. I haven't fixed this in a long time, but may have to now that I have dug out the recipe.

Monkey Bread


2 1/2 C. granulated sugar
4 t. cinnamon
4 cans refrigerator biscuits
3/4 C. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a fluted tube pan and set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon together and pour into a 1 gallon plastic bag. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Coat with butter and place into the bag with the sugar mixture. Doing one can at at time, close bag and shake until all pieces are coated. Layer the coated biscuit pieces into the tube pan, gently pressing into place. Repeat this with each can of biscuits. Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and invert the pan onto a serving plate. Serve warm.

Carol
GO COLTS


No comments: