Monday, July 19, 2010

Pizza Pancakes

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I hope to someday publish a pizza cookbook. Right now, my fiction work comes first, but I still stow away and pizza recipes that I can. Here's one that anyone should like, especially the kids.

Pizza Pancakes

2 C. biscuit baking mix
2 t. Oregano
2 eggs
1 C. milk
1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 C. pepperoni, chopped
1/4 C. green pepper, chopped
1/8 C. onion, chopped
1 - 8 oz can pizza sauce, warmed

In a large bowl, mix together the biscuit mix and oregano. Combine the eggs and milk and stir it into the dry ingredients until just moistened. Add the cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and onion. Pour about a 1/4 C. of batter onto a lightly greased hot skillet or griddle. Flip over when bubbles form on top. Cook on second side until golden brown. Serve with warm pizza sauce. Makes about 14 pancakes.

Optional ingredients can be any pizza topping. I love mushrooms on mine.

Carol

No comments: