Saturday, July 31, 2010

BLT Wrap

Even though our heat wave seems to have broken, August starts tomorrow and I know the high temperature will back for at least another month. Our kitchen heats up so much when we cook that my husband and I try to come up with something to fix that will keep the heat down. Baking is so much healthier, but in the summer months we try to keep baking to a minimum.

Today, I have a favorite at our house a different version of the BLT sandwich. The only cooking you need to do is frying the bacon. I know bacon isn't the healthiest meat in the world, but it's one that we can't do without. At least you're getting a good serving with veggies with it. I like to serve this with Cole Slaw or some corn on the cob.

BLT Wrap
Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
chopped tomato
flour tortillas
lettuce
bacon, fried
salt
pepper

Spread the mayonnaise onto the tortilla to about an inch of the side. Layer lettuce, tomato, and bacon on top. Season with salt and pepper, optional. Roll up the tortillas and slice in half diagonally. Secure each wrap with a toothpick and serve.

(I didn't put any amounts for the ingredients because that's something that is up to the preparer to decide. )

Carol

1 comment:

Angela Giles Klocke said...

Will definitely have to try this one. Yum!