Saturday, November 19, 2011

Holly Wreath Cookies



One of my aunts made these for a family Christmas dinner when I was a kid. I thought they were so cool at the time and still do. They're very easy to make, so festive, and everyone will love them.




Holly Wreath Cookies
1 stick butter
30 large marshmallows
5 C. corn flake cereal
green food coloring
red hots candy

Melt butter and marshmallows together in a heavy pan on the stove, stir well to keep from burning. Add 3 t. green food coloring, blend well. Remove from heat and stir in the corn flake cereal. Using greased teaspoons, drop onto a sheet of wax paper or a greased cookie sheet. Grease hands and shape the cookies into wreaths. Decorate with red hots. If you don't want to make wreaths, you can add the red hots to the drops of the corn flake mixture without making into wreaths. They look great that way, too.

Enjoy,
Carol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mom made these when I was a kid back in the 70's! Think I will make them the day after Thanksgiving...Thanks for the recipe!