Saturday, April 18, 2009

Banana Breakfast Drink

I thought I would start off today with a healthy breakfast drink. I could start my whole day with one of these drinks, if only my husband weren't still in bed on weekday mornings when I need to run the blender. Maybe I need to get one of those Magic Blenders. I'd love to have one of those, but they are probably loud, too.



Or, would a Stick Blender would be the answer. Surely, they aren't as loud as a regular blender. Hmmm, Mother's Day will be here soon. I think I need to start throwing my hints around.

I hope you enjoy my recipe below.

Carol


Banana Breakfast Drink
2 C. milk
2 bananas, sliced
*1 fresh egg
1/2 t. vanilla
2 T. sugar
6 ice cubes, cracked
1/2 C. orange juice, optional

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend on "liquify" setting until ice has crushed. Serve immediately.

*The egg needs to be as fresh as possible to lower the chance of salmonella. According to a Department of Agriculture study, only 1 out of 30,000 eggs are contaminated with salmonella.

No comments: