Friday, September 18, 2009

Christmas Candy

It's never too early to plan for Christmas and I really enjoy making Christmas gifts in the kitchen. Making up little gag gifts from food is something my family and friends look forward to each year from me. In the past, I have made Snowman Poop, Turkey Poop, Reindeer Food, Jelly Bean Christmas Trees, and Hot Chocolate Cones. This year, I think I will give a shot at making Pigeon Poop. I have included the recipe below.

What kind of odd food gifts have you given at Christmas? Let me know, I may want to borrow the idea.

Carol

Pigeon Poop

5 C. peanut butter crunch cereal
3 C. Rice Krispies cereal
2 c. small pretzel sticks, broken in half
1 1/2 C. mini marshmallows
2 lbs. white chocolate



In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients. Melt the white chocolate in a double-boiler. Once melted, pour over the dry ingredients and mix well, but carefully. Spread the mixture out onto some wax paper and let cool. Once cooled, break the mixture into chucks. Store in plastic bags.



No comments: