Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fake Baked Apple Pie


Sooner, or later we all have cravings for something sweet. It usually happens to me sooner than later, and more often than I would like to admit. Today, I want to help you with those cravings with something sweet, simple, mostly healthy, and hopefully with ingredients that you already have in the kitchen.

I plan on making some these to have for dessert tonight. My favorite football team, the Indianapolis Colts, play the late game this afternoon and dinner time will occur at just about halftime. Now that dessert is taken care of, all I have to figure out is what to fix for dinner.

Carol

Fake Baked Apple Pie

1 small apple
1 graham cracker, plain or cinnamon 2- 1/2 square
1 t. brown sugar
Cinnamon, to taste

Cut the small apple in half, core but do not peel. Put the graham cracker, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a plastic bag. Using the back of a spoon, crush the cracker up to a large crumb consistency, then shake. Place the apples into a casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker topping over them. Cover and bake at 350° until the apple is very soft and crumb mixture is wet. Uncover and brown under broiler.

No comments: