Sunday, December 12, 2010

Substituting an Ingredient

In October, I posted a recipe for Hot Apple Cider. I'm planning on making this next week for a Christmas party, so I've been shopping for the ingredients. What I wanted to tell you is that if you make this, you may have a hard time finding the Apricot Nectar. I had to go to four stores, including Walmart and Kroger, before I finally found it in a local grocery chain store.

What I would suggest, if you cannot find it, is to substitute Peach Nectar or Juice, if you can find it. When I thought I wasn't going to be able to find the Apricot Nectar, I bought V-8 Fusion Mango-Peach flavor. I think it would worked fine, but luckily I found the original ingredient. As I said in the original post, this drink is so good, it's addicting. If you need to supply a holiday beverage, I highly recommend making this one.

Carol

No comments: